About the Illinois Image Database
The Illinois Image Database provides high-quality images of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign for use by faculty and staff to visually highlight the excellence of the Illinois experience.
Who can access the Illinois Image Database
- All University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign faculty and staff
- Students are not granted access
- Student workers : Faculty/staff members can request access for supervised student workers assisting in a departmental project. The faculty/staff member must sponsor the student and monitor the use of any/all Image Database assets to ensure that content is only used for the departmental project.
- Businesses and other outside entities are not granted access to the Image Database unless they are directly developing work for a university promotion. Requests must be sponsored by a faculty or staff member.
- Images from the database can only be used for promoting the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign or educating its students. Images cannot be used for personal or commercial projects.
- Images cannot be used on merchandise sold for profit or any other commercial use.
- Images are available free of charge.
- Email your access request using your university email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your first and last name. If sponsoring a student or business, please detail the nature of the work.
- Once verified, you will receive an email invitation from email@example.com. Click on the URL to access the Image Database.
- When you arrive at the Image Database home page, choose “Sign Up” to create a free account. You should now be able to access the Database.
Photo releases and guidelines
- If you are planning to use an individual’s image or likeness in media such as photographs, video, etc., you should request written permission to do so. Releases also should be completed and signed by any talent working with companies or individuals performing photography, video or audiotape on university premises.
Other photo resources
- Photography Vendors: For occasions when original photography is needed, contact the Office of Business and Financial Services (OBFS) for information about the university’s policies and procedures on vendor contracts, as well as the most up-to-date list of approved photography vendors.
Education and tips
- Telling stories with photography
- Using photos to support the Illinois brand
- Getting the low-angle hero shot
Have a media relations topic you’d like added to this page? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Suggestion for the photography resources FAQ.